- Keep the interests of a 21-year-old in mind when selecting a gift.happy young man. image by Yuri Bizgaimer from Fotolia.com
One of the most challenging aspects of the Christmas season is finding that perfect gift for everyone. If you have a 21-year-old man in your life, whether he's your grandson or your boyfriend, you may be wondering what you can get him that he'll actually use and enjoy. There are a number of ideas to consider. Be sure to take his likes, interests and personality into consideration when choosing.
- A 21-year-old man likely has a sense of adventure and desire to experience all the world has to offer. Give him the gift of travel for Christmas. This can take many forms, including a gift card to an airline so he can choose the destination, or a pre-arranged trip where you take care of all the details.
A travel gift doesn't have to be expensive. Offer to pay for a camping trip to a state park or a short getaway to a nearby city.
- Give the 21-year-old in your life the gift of music. If you know some of his favorite bands, load up an mp3 player with a variety of songs. For those who have smaller gift budgets, choose 10 to 15 songs and burn them to a CD. Make a personalized case to go along with it. A gift card to an online music retailer is an option for those who aren't aware of the man's musical tastes.
- In the U.S., 21 marks the age where someone can legally drink. If the 21-year-old man in your life enjoys beer or liquor, give him a selection of these beverages. Since most people of this age don't have a big budget to spend on this type of thing, find something he might not afford on his own, like a sampling of high-end locally brewed beers. Add a personalized flask or beer mug to go along with the drinks.
- If you know a 21-year-old man who is an avid sports fan, give him season tickets for Christmas. Whether it's a college basketball team, a minor league baseball team or local NFL football team, this type of gift is likely to impress him. Find a creative way of presenting the gift like pinning them to a team jersey.