- 1). Check the selection at your local consumer electronics and high-fidelity audio specialty stores.
- 2). Buy or borrow several pairs of cables.
- 3). Connect a pair of cables from your CD player to your receiver, integrated amplifier or pre-amplifier. Connect cables with equipment turned off.
- 4). Play a song.
- 5). Repeat the process immediately with another pair of cables.
- 6). Compare the sound of your system, using the same recordings, with each of the cables.
- 7). Listen to each for at least an hour.
- 8). If a clear winner emerges, buy those cables.
- 9). If you can't find satisfactory cables in your area, consider mail order.